Chamilo

General talk about eLearning offers, promises and pitfalls. Feel free to introduce yourself and discuss about what you need or offering here.

Chamilo

Postby y.sulistya » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:35 am

Chamilo is a new project that opts for open source in a radical way. It aims at bringing you the best e-learning and collaboration platform in the open source world. It comes in two flavours: Chamilo 1, improved and freeer version of D0keos, and Chamilo 2.0, still in development, a new taste of e-learning and much more, that will definitely bring fresh and creative tools to your e-learning experience.
Chamilo is currently used by more than 550,000 students around the world, and the feedback from the community is great. Governments, private companies, public and private universities, NGO and other types of organizations use the Chamilo software suite to manage from simple live training to full distant learning, certification center, e-courses shop and staff selection. (more)

Main features of version 1
    :arrow: courses, users and training cycles advanced management (including SOAP web services to manage remotely)
    :arrow: SCORM 1.2 compatibility and authoring tool
    :arrow: multi-institutions mode (with central management portal)
    :arrow: time-controlled exams
    :arrow: international characters (UTF-8)
    :arrow: timezones
    :arrow: automated generation of certificates
    :arrow: tracking of users progress
    :arrow: embedded social learning network

Chamilo open source LMS video demonstration on youtube.

demo site here.
Blessings & Peace,
Yudi Sulistya

---
Database administrator & programmer at Faculty of Psychology • Airlangga University
Programmer at Cyber Campus • Airlangga University
Need personal help? contact me : yudi.sulistya[at]gmail.com
y.sulistya

Re: Chamilo

Postby PhilipHara » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:45 am

First of all thanking you for this brilliant commentary and I like this. I expect this will be very helpful to the students to complete their educational works related with the topics. Today the students are tensed about their educational paper work and they feel little bit difficult to complete it. Appreciate all your efforts, I have used many other services several times and I am very happy with it too. Chamilo is an open-source e-learning and content management system, aimed at improving access to education and knowledge globally. It is backed up by the Chamilo Association, which has goals including the promotion of the software, the maintenance of a clear communication channel and the building of a network of services providers and software contributors.
PhilipHara

Return to eLearning Discussion