Unit completion / progress stops working.

Bugs Reports and Useful Links

Unit completion / progress stops working.

Postby centralridge » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Using the community version and I keep hitting a problem that's baffling me. On a fresh install the progress meter seems to work. When students go through the lesson, the progress increases (whether it's set to auto complete or they have to manually do it.) After some amount of time, the progress simply stops working. When you click on the "Set unit as completed" icon it spins and then comes back (rather than changing to the icon with the green check.)

I have tried on two different servers (at two different hosts) and making sure it's running the most recent available version (Version: 3.6.15 Community / Database version: 3.6.15 / build: 18022). Anyone else having weird problems with the progress tracking? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot it?

*EDIT*
Something else I'm noticing... My test student is able to make and edit comments and forum posts, but unable to delete them (it disappears, but as soon as you reload the page it shows up again.) I am able to delete the comments/posts using the admin account.

Jon
centralridge

Re: Unit completion / progress stops working.

Postby karen.gourgoulis » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:54 pm

I am having a similar problem - I can not delete lessons or courses, nor can I add lessons to courses. I can do all of the actions, but when the content is refreshed, it is still there. I am also having problems uploading new content - it is not showing up.
karen.gourgoulis

Postby 2ninerniner2 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:05 am

Can confirm.

Brand new install of the package available today, 25 Feb 2015, from the eFront site, 3.6.15 /18022 community.

Create new user, assign to Mayan lesson.

Log in as this new user; set unit to complete does not function; circular "thing" happens, but no green check mark nor no lesson progress increase.

Something is "up" with this build. Behaves the same way on three hosting accounts, Go Daddy, Site 5 and local host using Uniform Server 11.7.0
Learn WP Basics - WordPress online tutoring, free video and written tutorials.
2ninerniner2

Postby centralridge » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:33 am

Thanks for the confirmation. Glad to see it's not just me (I was going nuts trying to figure out what I had done wrong.)
centralridge

Postby FlyNorwegian » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:59 pm

I have the same problem. I have tried several installations, on several servers, and updated to latest version. Still same problem. Works fine in Default User, but not when I create users. Does anyone of the efront-team have a fix/patch for this problem? This is a serious malfunction. I hope someone can help, cause I,m going live in 1 week....
FlyNorwegian

Postby vprountzos » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Hello,

This is a know bug that has been already fixed. Please send me the files:

www/student.php
www/js/EfrontScripts.js

Kind regards

V. Prountzos
vprountzos

Postby centralridge » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Here they are. Had to change the extension on student.php in order for the forum to allow it.

EfrontScripts.js
(26.31 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

student.txt
(32.05 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
centralridge

Postby vprountzos » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:36 pm

Hello,

Please receive attached the two files. Replace the ones you have with those i am sending you. Keep a backup of the old files first.

Regards
Attachments
EfrontScripts.zip
(15.67 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
vprountzos

Postby centralridge » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:52 pm

Replaced the files, but this did not fix either issue. Comments still cannot be deleted by users and the progress does not increase (autocomplete is on.)

Jon
centralridge

Postby centralridge » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:56 pm

If it helps you troubleshoot, the ajax call that happens when I try to delete a comment returns an error page that says "CSRF check failed (0)"
centralridge

Next

Return to Bugs