eFrontPro Beta - Give it a try!

News & Announcements directly from the eFront team

eFrontPro Beta - Give it a try!

Postby papagel » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:30 pm

Hello to all!

We just launched a beta program for eFrontPro - the next generation of eFront that we are "baking" for some time now.
eFrontPro combines the depth of eFront with a new fluid interface, revamped reporting and support for blended learning, to name but a few highlight features.

You can read more about it on the following blog post.
http://blog.efrontlearning.net/2014/09/ ... -beta.html

eFrontPro is available for beta testing in betapro.efrontlearning.com.
Take it for a test drive and see our vision for the future of eFront platform and e-learning.

Your feedback, whether is bug reports, feature requests, or criticism, is more than welcome. We have made it really easy to provide feedback. Embedded in every page you will see a SEND FEEDBACK button. Through it you can send your feedback in a straighforward way.

Happy testing!
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
papagel

Re: eFrontPro Beta - Give it a try!

Postby 2ninerniner2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:01 am

Looks fantastic! :)

Any word on if a downloadable "beta community" version will become available so as to really dig into it and test it in an environment that more closely mimics existing production installations?

Cheers!
Lyle
Learn WP Basics - WordPress online tutoring, free video and written tutorials.
2ninerniner2

Postby angelobelchior » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:14 pm

Oh very good work! The UI is more cleaning!
angelobelchior

Postby y.sulistya » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:57 am

Great jobs! I like it! ;)
Blessings & Peace,
Yudi Sulistya

---
Database administrator & programmer at Faculty of Psychology • Airlangga University
Programmer at Cyber Campus • Airlangga University
Need personal help? contact me : yudi.sulistya[at]gmail.com
y.sulistya

Postby angelobelchior » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:36 am

When is release date of efrontPro?
angelobelchior

Postby papagel » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:57 am

Hello to all!

Release date has been fixed for October the 10th.

At this moment we won't offer an open-source version of eFrontPro - we plan to do so in the future.
We will however offer the source, as we currently do, for paid customers under a commercial agreement.
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
papagel

Postby skippybosco » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:55 am

1. How much of the code base for eFrontPro is shared from the original eFront platform?

2. Is this considered eFront v4 and if so does this mark the end of the 3.x eFront (ie. 3.6.15 will not be released)

3. What does this mean, if anything, for TalentLMS?
skippybosco

Postby hakangur » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Since the registration page does not display a "feedback" link, I am writing my comment here, sorry. My surname includes "ü" and this is not accepted during registration for the Pro version. I believe this should be corrected.
hakangur

Postby papagel » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:06 am

skippybosco wrote:1. How much of the code base for eFrontPro is shared from the original eFront platform?

2. Is this considered eFront v4 and if so does this mark the end of the 3.x eFront (ie. 3.6.15 will not be released)

3. What does this mean, if anything, for TalentLMS?

Regarding your questions:

a) I would say around 20-25% of code is from original eFront. Due to the change on MVC, the use of Bootstrap and the selection of JQuery over Prototype a lot had to change on the internals.

b) This is considered eFront v4. We will keep updating eFront 3.6 for a couple of more years though (an update is coming next week)

c) Little actually. eFront shares a number of Talentlms architectural and functionality choices that were proven successful - but has its own roadmap.
papagel

Postby glibdud » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:33 pm

papagel wrote:b) This is considered eFront v4. We will keep updating eFront 3.6 for a couple of more years though (an update is coming next week)

One of the items listed on the wiki page for eFront 4 was support for Oracle DB. Is that still planned?

If eFront Pro is considered the next version of eFront, will it eventually have separate Educational/Enterprise variants, or are you moving to more of a one-size-fits-all approach? How will that affect licensing?
glibdud

Next

Return to News and Announcements