eFrontPro Beta - Give it a try!

News & Announcements directly from the eFront team

Re: eFrontPro Beta - Give it a try!

Postby papagel » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Oracle DB is on the todo for eFrontPro - with the redesigned DB scheme this will be easier than before.

Currently eFrontPro is one edition that builds on top of eFront Enterprise. We will keep updating eFront 3.6 branch (community / educational /enterprise) for the foreseeable future.
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
papagel

Postby glibdud » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:29 pm

papagel wrote:Oracle DB is on the todo for eFrontPro - with the redesigned DB scheme this will be easier than before.

Currently eFrontPro is one edition that builds on top of eFront Enterprise. We will keep updating eFront 3.6 branch (community / educational /enterprise) for the foreseeable future.

Ok, so eFrontPro is sort of both a new version and a new edition. Can you give an estimate on the licensing cost difference between Enterprise and Pro? Also, if we decided to upgrade from Enterprise to Pro, can we bring across all our users and course histories, etc? Or is the back end too different?
glibdud

Postby papagel » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:49 am

glibdud wrote:
papagel wrote:Oracle DB is on the todo for eFrontPro - with the redesigned DB scheme this will be easier than before.

Ok, so eFrontPro is sort of both a new version and a new edition. Can you give an estimate on the licensing cost difference between Enterprise and Pro? Also, if we decided to upgrade from Enterprise to Pro, can we bring across all our users and course histories, etc? Or is the back end too different?

We have created a script that transforms an eFront 3.6+ database to the Pro format. Overall, I would say that 90% of the previous data can be transferred to the Pro format including courses, users, tests etc. There is an ongoing offer for eFrontPro customers (new or those that want to migrate from previous efront editions). Let me know if you want more info about it so I can arrange a sales representative to contact you.
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
papagel

Postby 2ninerniner2 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:48 am

At this moment we won't offer an open-source version of eFrontPro - we plan to do so in the future.

When you do, will you please reinstate the option to not install the sample data :)

I really do prefer to not have my installation 'contaminated' with stuff that I did not put there ... plus, it's extra work for no particular reason :)
Learn WP Basics - WordPress online tutoring, free video and written tutorials.
2ninerniner2

Previous

Return to News and Announcements