eFront version 3.6.13 is now available

News & Announcements directly from the eFront team

Re: eFront version 3.6.13 is now available

Postby 2ninerniner2 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Tried it on my Mac running MAMP and now have only one "suspect" file ...

www/modules/module_security/module_security.class.php

Hmm, will try on a different Windows 7 PC using a different version of The Uniform Server.
Learn WP Basics - WordPress online tutoring, free video and written tutorials.
2ninerniner2

Postby skippybosco » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:38 pm

- All database tables are now explicitly set to innodb

Does the upgrade process autoconvert tables to INNODB, or any concerns about converting manually post upgrade?
skippybosco

Postby periklis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 pm

the upgrade process will automatically convert all tables to innodb (except for those containing fulltext indexes)
Periklis Venakis
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
Consider our wide range of added-value services to get things running smoothly on your eLearning environment
periklis

Postby griffe » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:55 pm

I modified the eFront2013 theme file. I tried setting it to th default eFront2013 and same result.
Regarding the other issue, I am using a custom language file, let me check that.

Also - under System Settings > External Tools > Facebook - the page is blank???
griffe

Postby papagel » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:36 pm

griffe wrote:I modified the eFront2013 theme file. I tried setting it to th default eFront2013 and same result.
Regarding the other issue, I am using a custom language file, let me check that.

Also - under System Settings > External Tools > Facebook - the page is blank???

If you select another of the available themes you still encounter the same behavior with Facebook?
If no, then probable you have copied the templates as well on your themes and they are not sychronized.
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
papagel

Postby hakangur » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:12 pm

I downloaded the latest version (Community) and upgraded the previous version with no problem at all. Newly added features appear really to enhance the script. I would like to thank developers for that.

There are two simple issues, though, I would like to mention. They are to do with the Quiz function. As I posted for another section of this forum, (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=602&p=25844#p25844) it is a pity that eFront does not permit formation of reading comprehension questions. The reading passage itself counts as a question and this, I believe, breaks the concept of assessing reading comprehension. I was a Moodle user for eleven years before I switched to eFront (for the asking, Moodle has grown far too bulky, far too complex for the student). I cannot transfer my reading comprehension questions simply because of this one simple feature. Yet another feature I would like to see is again what is present at Moodle. With Moodle, you can add page breaks anywhere inside a quiz. This way, a quiz that consists of several sections can be broken into several "pages". Existence or non-existence of this second feature is not a matter of life-and-death, but there is no reason why it should be ignored.

And, as a translator, I would like to comment on language files. The reason why many language files are still "machine-translated" is because the English language file is unnecessarily "heavy". Many phrases and terms are repeated again and again. Also, there are no explanations for the translator for hard-to-understand terms. For example, is "Report" supposed to be a noun or a verb? For those lines where a part of sentence is given, the rest of the sentence should be displayed for the translator (for example, for such sections as "to be excluded from the unit" or "of the lesson at your computer"). I have already translated Elxis CMS into Turkish and I started translating eFront (together with translation for plugins) into Turkish and, frankly, the only reason why I keep translating is because I will be using the script for my website.

Best regards.
hakangur

Postby dia2000 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:02 am

After upgraded to 3.6.13 (Build 18000) Community Edition, the Professor user cannot edit or add a new unit. Always receive this message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /www/professor.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any Help???
Diaa El-Masry, PMP, LEED AP
LEED Design Manager
Qatar Green Leaders
Doha - Qatar
dia2000

Postby periklis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:41 am

I can't seem to be able to reproduce this issue. does the message come up when clicking on "add" or "edit", or after clicking on "submit"?
Periklis Venakis
Consider our wide range of added-value services to get things running smoothly on your eLearning environment
periklis

Postby dia2000 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:58 am

Thank you for the prompt response!

The error comes after clicking on "submit" and the browser will show the edited unit. However, once I refresh the page or change to the student view, all the changes are lost.
Diaa El-Masry, PMP, LEED AP
LEED Design Manager
Qatar Green Leaders
Doha - Qatar
dia2000

Postby periklis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:24 am

please pm me with proper credentials to have a look
Periklis Venakis
periklis

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements