eFront 3.6.10 is available

News & Announcements directly from the eFront team

eFront 3.6.10 is available

Postby periklis » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Greetings to the community!
The eFront team is pleased to announce the availability of version 3.6.10 build 11944

This long-awaited release brings many new features and fixes. You can find the changelog below.
Please note that for all of you that do not wish to upgrade (for example, due to customizations), a minor update is available containing a few security updates that will be disclosured within the following days.
We will also be posting more detailed explanations of the new features in our blog and docs pages

Below you can find the language and basic css updates.
Enjoy!

=== Version 3.6.10 build 11944 ===
- Added a "remember me" checkbox in login form (toggled from admin settings)
- Added a page that allows for applying the same settings across all lesson units
- Added an option to send notifications as personal messages
- Added forums and topics pagination
- Added limits for space usage in messages
- Added sorting terms in each tab in glossary page
- Added help links to modules towards the wiki page
- Added option to constrain XML API usage to a specific IP
- Added a minimal_view parameter for displaying less columns for messages in dashboard
- Added a trim in exploded fields from csv file
- Added urlencode when loading avatar
- Added index page parameter to filter courses/lessons (index.php?filter=maya)
- Added header for date in Mail::factory because of http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.m ... l.send.php
- Added encodeURIComponent in filters http://www.sencha.com/forum/archive/ind ... 96295.html
- Added option to deactivate block moving in control panel for specific user types (#809)
- Added ability to import list of users to be archived
- Added "my courses" tools icon to user dashboard
- Added optional active time tracking (Educational/Enterprise editions)
- Added toggle checkbox for LDAP users in user's profile page (Educational/Enterprise editions)
- Added CEUs parameter in courses (Enterprise/Educational edition)
- Added time-based lesson completion rules (Enterprise/Educational edition)
- Added time-based unit completion option (Enterprise/Educational edition)
- Added html_entity_decode when url is encrypted because of #1429 [amp;view_unit]... (Enterprise/Educational edition)
- Added supervisor balance transferring to employees (Enterprise edition)
- Added self-enrollment option to groups (Enterprise edition)
- Added skill-gap test results page to students as well (Enterprise edition)
- Added ability for branch calendar events to appear to members of the branch's children as well (Enterprise edition)
- Added option for displaying sub-branch information in branch statistics (Enterprise edition)
- Added balance payments through paypal (Community++ and above)
- Added a "payments" tab on users' profile page (Community++ and above editions)
- Added ability to create mandatory fields without a default value in extended user profile (Community++ and above editions)
- Updated SCORM import to handle backslashes in imsmanifest hrefs
- Updated file access security
- Updated random generator for password reminders
- Updated top level units to be marked as complete if all sub units are marked as complete
- Updated uploaded projects from students so that they are placed to an internal folder named <project_id> inside projects folder and do not rename them
- Updated organization chart to be cached when large (Enterprise edition)
- Updated import/export so that job assignments can optionally be replaced (Enterprise edition)
- Removed old chat functionality
- Removed the option to "deactivate online users on lessons" from the lesson administration page
- Removed icon links for reports for community version
- Fixed SQL injection security vulnerability reported by IHTeam, http://www.ihteam.net/
- Fixed SQL injection security vulnerability reported by Vulnerability Research Laboratory, http://www.vulnerability-lab.com
- Fixed security issue: student/professor accounts won't use the default insecure credentials anymore, but rather the administrator's ones. Reported by IHTeam, http://www.ihteam.net/
- Fixed "date" custom fields so that are converted to human-readable format while exporting/importing from csv
- Fixed loading prototype in external survey to avoid js error
- Fixed inproper handling of imported users without a user_type defined
- Fixed setting file encodings to UTF-IMAP even when UTF-8 is selected
- Fixed issue about inserting & in question feedback
- Fixed issue about loading default lesson layout when moving blocks is disabled
- Fixed issue about importing lesson by admin uncompressing files in temp folder (#1492)
- Fixed preserving lesson properties when importing directly
- Fixed issue about upload more than one files in tests that contain more than one raw text questions
- Fixed issue about taking feedbacks into account in lesson completion rules
- Fixed issue about 'select type' custom user field in notifications (#1553)
- Fixed "content report" reloading page
- Fixed issue in administrator tools about changing user's login
- Fixed issue in participation reports in course type
- Fixed recursion of "course not completed" and "lesson not completed" events
- Fixed editing a placement from the user's page not displaying the job's branch as pre-selected (Enterprise edition)
- Fixed branch filter error when a branch includes quotes in its name (Enterprise edition)
- Fixed issue with single quotes in glossary (#1661)
- Fixed issue in Question::clearDuplicates about primary key constraint
- Fixed drag'n'drop questions not working in IE9
- Fixed training record not showing course/lesson progress for custom user roles based on student
- Fixed issue in course settings and custom user types about applyRoleOptions
- Fixed issue about displaying announcements block icon in layout even when it was inactive
- Fixed issue in notifications language part
- Fixed Bcc issue in sending mail because of http://rawphp.com/php_generator/page.ph ... actory.php
- Fixed rtf certificate exporting for IE8
- Fixed issue about scheduled lessons in courses and go to Next lesson button
- Fixed content traversing rules not working for individual users
- Fixed "not seen" rule not working when source unit is a test
- Fixed issue about date type custom user field in notifications
- Fixed issue about displaying custom profile fields in user reports generator
- Fixed imported lessons not displaying skill names correctly (Educational edition)
- Fixed error in calculation for total_time in SCORM content when revisiting SCO
- Fixed issue about assigning administrator roles to lessons from professor's lesson administration page
Attachments
efront_3.6.10_build11944.zip.md5.txt
md5 checksum of the 3.6.10 build 11944 Community edition zip file
(63 Bytes) Downloaded 672 times
css_changes_11018_to_11944.diff
Changes based on the default theme's css. see http://docs.efrontlearning.net/index.php/How_to_build_a_theme#How_to_keep_your_theme_up_to_date
(551 Bytes) Downloaded 548 times
language_changes_11018_to_11944.diff
Changes in the english language file
(7.34 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
Periklis Venakis
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
Consider our wide range of added-value services to get things running smoothly on your eLearning environment
periklis

Re: eFront 3.6.10 is available

Postby y.sulistya » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:41 am

nice release, great support, awesome LMS! many thanks!
Blessings & Peace,
Yudi Sulistya

---
Database administrator & programmer at Faculty of Psychology • Airlangga University
Programmer at Cyber Campus • Airlangga University
Need personal help? contact me : yudi.sulistya[at]gmail.com
y.sulistya

Postby skippybosco » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:43 am

I've been noticing a surge of SVN commits over the last couple of weeks, now I know why!

Great job and thanks to the entire team for such hard work!
skippybosco

Postby wallpaper_01 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:27 am

Struggling to upgrade to this, so had to reinstall. Just out of interest, what permissions should I give the folders when I install efront. It asks for www/themes and a bunch of others to be writeable (im using Centos 5.5). Then in maintenance tab, themes was the only one with a red stop sign and it said missing? But it wasnt missing because I was using themes ha! Think this could of been the problem with the upgrade, and its lucky that no one is using my system because it broke!
wallpaper_01

Postby amador » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:56 am

After an upgrade from 3.6.9 to 3.6.10 [Community++] my site also broke. A message error upgrading and now the web is down :cry: and there are a lot of .php.ext files

How can i recover my site?
--
Amador Loureiro Blanco - dorfun - http://www.adorfunteca.org
TICformático @ http://www.tagenata.com
amador

Postby y.sulistya » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:37 am

Post a module link in the lesson catalog (http://forum.efrontlearning.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3093&p=15960#p15960) works well, thank you. ;)
Blessings & Peace,
Yudi Sulistya

---
Database administrator & programmer at Faculty of Psychology • Airlangga University
Programmer at Cyber Campus • Airlangga University
Need personal help? contact me : yudi.sulistya[at]gmail.com
y.sulistya

Postby wallpaper_01 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:22 am

y.sulistya wrote:Post a module link in the lesson catalog (http://forum.efrontlearning.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3093&p=15960#p15960) works well, thank you. ;)

How do I find this feature?
wallpaper_01

Postby periklis » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:45 am

amador wrote:After an upgrade from 3.6.9 to 3.6.10 [Community++] my site also broke. A message error upgrading and now the web is down :cry: and there are a lot of .php.ext files

How can i recover my site?

Hello Amador,
I am not sure why this happened. Do you know whether the upgrade process finished successfully? In any case, I suggest that you download the 3.6.10 full archive from our members site (where you found it originally) and extract on top of your current installation. That should immediately resolve your issues
Periklis Venakis
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
Consider our wide range of added-value services to get things running smoothly on your eLearning environment
periklis

Postby periklis » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:45 am

wallpaper_01 wrote:Struggling to upgrade to this, so had to reinstall. Just out of interest, what permissions should I give the folders when I install efront. It asks for www/themes and a bunch of others to be writeable (im using Centos 5.5). Then in maintenance tab, themes was the only one with a red stop sign and it said missing? But it wasnt missing because I was using themes ha! Think this could of been the problem with the upgrade, and its lucky that no one is using my system because it broke!

Hello,
did you manage to upgrade after all?
Periklis Venakis
periklis

Postby wallpaper_01 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:47 am

I had to a fresh install. It wasnt too bad because I only purchased eFront the other day so, wasnt much to change. Im still getting that red stop sign for www/themes. What could be causing this?
wallpaper_01

Next

Return to News and Announcements