Internal links

Discussion about the commercial editions of eFront [THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT FORUM]

Internal links

Postby roodveldt » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:19 am

Hi, I'm new to eFront. I like the program very much :D

I have a question. I builded a course with a lot of lessons. In some lessons I want to make an (internal) link to an other lesson (and a returnoption...). But I cannot find the way to do this.

As far as I can see an anchor is a link, only into the same lesson/content.....

So, how to do?

Regards,
Henri Roodveldt
Almere, The Netherlands.
roodveldt

Re: Internal links

Postby papagel » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:07 pm

Unfortunately, you cannot add a direct link to another course directly.
You can browse the course and copy its url however *BUT* there might be important side-effects (e.g, the user must own the second course to be able to see it etc).

Note that when you complete a lesson/course there is a direct link to go to the next one - this is an embedded system feature.
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
papagel

Postby roodveldt » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:13 am

Okay, thanks for your answer.

B.t.w. do you know if an internal linkfunction is planned in future versions?

And I have a related question.

I see the 'anchor' possibility in the texteditor, but I cannot find a proper description about the way its works. Can you tell me where I can find a description or can you tell me how to use the 'anchor'?

I suppose I can use anchors for jumping through my lessons.... but maybe I am wrong.

Regards,
Henri
roodveldt

Postby periklis » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:40 pm

Hello,
anchors can be used to point to different units within the same lesson, not to different lessons.
Linking from one lesson to another is not something we are planning to implement in the near future. Perhaps you could implement this as a custom module, but it would require a considerable amount of work
Periklis Venakis
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
Consider our wide range of added-value services to get things running smoothly on your eLearning environment
periklis

Postby MichaS. » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:38 pm

Dear Perikles,

is now possible to link from one site of a lesson into another site of the same lesson?

Greetings from Berlin

Michael
MichaS.

Return to eFront [Commercial Editions]