PDF Certificates - module_pdfcert

Discussion about eFront modules. You may suggest new modules here or post issues with current ones. This forum also offers suggestions and best practices for module developers.

PDF Certificates - module_pdfcert

Postby aai2on » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:07 pm

For anyone that is using the module_pdfcert module that I created for the eFront contest, you may be interested in this updated version.

I believe there are issues that are not addressed in this version, but this version does handle multiple courses.

If you like it, extend it. If you don't like it... don't use it :?

There is an instructions file that is included with the module. Feel free to shoot me messages. I check every few days. I will try to help as best as I can. Enjoy!
Attachments
module_pdfcert.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 792 times
aai2on

Re: PDF Certificates - module_pdfcert

Postby papagel » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:31 am

Thanks for your contribution :)
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
papagel

Postby rincewind50 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi. I was looking at your certificate module, but even with the instruction I can't work out how to enable the module for courses.. any thoughts..
rincewind50

Postby Katie » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:52 pm

I recently updated to efront version 3.6.10 and it appears to have broken the module. When I click on the link to get the certificate it loads the certificate page, but only for the first listed course. It does not matter which course I click the certificate for, it loads one for the first listed course. I can't figure out what is causing this. Any thoughts?
Katie

Postby aai2on » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:04 pm

I have heard that the latest version breaks the module. I have a new version that I have been working with on my own site, but have not upgraded yet. I will try to do the upgrade asap and let you know what the changes are as well as push out a new module.
aai2on

Postby aai2on » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:45 pm

I just tested an upgrade to the latest and greatest version of eFront and for my setup, the module still works fine.

Here is how my site is setup: Main Category
L Course 1
L Lesson 1
L Lesson 2 .... etc.
L Course 2
L Lesson 1
L Lesson 2 .... etc.

Now if you have a different structure, you will likely have to change the sql.

$sql = "SELECT ".
"users_to_courses.courses_ID, lessons.`name`, s.* ".
"FROM ".
"users_to_courses ".
"INNER JOIN lessons_to_courses ON lessons_to_courses.courses_ID = users_to_courses.courses_ID AND users_to_courses.users_LOGIN = '".$currentLogin."' AND users_to_courses.archive = 0 ".
"INNER JOIN lessons ON lessons.id = lessons_to_courses.lessons_ID ".
"left join ".
"(SELECT completed_tests.score, tests.mastery_score, completed_tests.archive, tests.lessons_ID FROM completed_tests INNER JOIN tests ON tests.id = completed_tests.tests_ID where users_LOGIN = '".$currentLogin."' and completed_tests.archive=0) AS s ".
"on lessons_to_courses.lessons_ID = s.lessons_ID ".
"order by ".
"users_to_courses.courses_ID, lessons.`name` asc";

I would recommend testing it on your local server first.
aai2on

Postby buggy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:05 am

Hi!

I've just installed the module in my open source version and I can't see anything.
In the module panel the module is activated, but I thinks that isn't working fine.

How I can test that the module is working fine?

Regards,
BuggY
Regards!
BuggY
buggy

Postby aai2on » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Buggy,

Look under the Tools Menu and see if you see the Certificates menu option. It should show there.

If you are still not seeing it, you might need to go into debug mode to see if something is blowing up. Also look above in this thread and see my statement on how I organized my site. If your structure is different, you might need to make some changes.

Let me know what you find out. I don't get in the forums much, but will try to check back and see what you found out.
aai2on

Postby buggy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:18 am

Ok aai2on.

I'll tell you.

Thanks!
Regards!
BuggY
buggy

Postby sleyer » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:00 am

after install this module.. i cant see this module at any user