10 tips for eFront

Suggestions, General Discussion and Feature Requests about eFront

Re: 10 tips for eFront

Postby pjssms » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:56 pm

But how is usual to do to keep the same layout among pages ? How can i make to edit the layout of all the pages of a lesson ?

And how do i do integrate content created in other tools. I have camtasia and i have seen someone pointing to articulate
pjssms

Postby skippybosco » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:04 pm

But how is usual to do to keep the same layout among pages ? How can i make to edit the layout of all the pages of a lesson ?

There a number of ways to accomplish this such as modifying the eFront theme and/or CSS to have the look and feel you want. This allows you a single place to modify your contents look / feel (fonts, sizes, colors, etc).

If you require more granular control over your look and feel you can also create an HTML template that has the look and feel you like and paste it as a starting point for new content. The downside to this option is that if you change your look and feel in the future you will need to update your content individually.

And how do i do integrate content created in other tools. I have camtasia and i have seen someone pointing to articulate

You can bring them in as SCORM
skippybosco

Postby pjssms » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Can i create different themes and have one different theme for each course or is this efront wide ?

From what i understand from articulate is that then i will need just to get engage.

The presenter is more for powerpoint transformation and for quizworks there are other less expensive tools.

But i tried now engage and it seems a really easy way to create good looking content
pjssms

Postby skippybosco » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Themes are specific to your site (and in some respect browser visiting your site). They do not get down to the granular level of course by course.

You can, obviously, create a unique look and feel for your content in each course.. but there is not a central way of managing that within eFront currently.

Regarding Articulate.. it comes down to your needs. Engage can certainly create some nice looking interactions, I've used them in a number of my environments. As they can be exported to flash as well, you can embed it directly inline with your content.
skippybosco

Postby gandhi_gaurav » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:26 pm

5) [professor] Create the structure of the lesson prior adding content.

I have created the structure of all the lessons in the course in a textfile. I have many lessons under one course and there are many such courses that I have outlined in my textfiles to use. Can I somehow created all these lessons automatically without using the GUI ("Add a lesson; etc.) ?
gandhi_gaurav

Postby skippybosco » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:36 pm

I do not believe there is a way to do this by default in eFront, but you could write a small piece of code using the eFront API to automate the process.
skippybosco

Postby sherman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:12 am

periklis wrote:From administrator panel -> system configuration -> layout you may customize the appearance of the index page. If you want to create a completely separate set of pages, you can use the "External pages" option from the administrator's control panel.
If you need further info, we'll be happy to provide you.

Hello Periklis! I'd like my index page to be different from the standart eFront's login page. And I'am still facing difficulties to get this "External pages" option from the admin panel. I guess this is either because there's no quoted pass exists in the most recent version, or because I'am using the free one. Point 9 of 'Hints & Tips' is unsufficient I'am afraid. Could you explain once again how to create the set of external pages. Thank's.
sherman

Postby periklis » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:18 am

Hello,
This feature has changed since. How different do you want your index page to be?
Periklis Venakis
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
Consider our wide range of added-value services to get things running smoothly on your eLearning environment
periklis

Postby sherman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:34 am

Absolutely different. It is suppose to contain top teachers profiles and site concept explanations.
sherman

Postby periklis » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:05 am

If you wish to retain the look and feel of efront, then all you have to do is go to admin -> themes -> layout, remove the existing blocks from the index page (by dragging them outside) and placing some custom blocks of your own instead.
If you don't want to retain efront's look and feel, then you had better create a totally different page, outside efront
Periklis Venakis
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
Consider our wide range of added-value services to get things running smoothly on your eLearning environment
periklis

PreviousNext

Return to eFront