10 tips for eFront

Suggestions, General Discussion and Feature Requests about eFront

Re: 10 tips for eFront

Postby earthwormbaby » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:53 pm

Well I browsed ohloh for a while and I couldn't find anything like Articulate quiz-maker or Articulate engage. However, I did come across a some screen capture programs that I thought are good alternatives to Snag-it and Camtasia. For video capture there is CamStudio. This records videos of your screen and records your commentary. For screenshots I found Zscreen. I thought this was really nifty because it can autocapture your screen at defined intervals. So, I can play my powerpoint and every n seconds page through it while ZScreen captures the slides. On top of that it has an FTP auto upload so it can pile those images into the server as you go. It has many customizable settings, but I didn't see help for it, so it was a matter of playing around with it. For quickly annotating screenshots Greenshot may suffice. I also stumbled on screenr from Articulate. This is free, and super easy video capture but it connects with your twitter account. You can easily embed the video in efront. Its really meant for twitter, but its just so quick, easy, and also very good quality. If anyone comes across other free or open source applications it would be great if you can share :)
earthwormbaby

Postby normc1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Can someone describe in detail how to go about uploading a course developed locally to the server?

Thanks
normc1

Postby makriria » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:32 am

Hello normc,

One option is to login as admin, create a course and then from the course list, in operations column, click to the gear icon.
Select the import tab, and you can upload there the course file.

If you have created the course and assigned it to a professor, you can see the import choice in the first page catalog when you login, after the course name.

Thx
Michael Makrigiannakis
Software Engineer
makriria@efrontlearning.net
makriria

Postby manishgidwani01 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:00 pm

1. Actually, there is a module on our site called GIFT/AIKEN that allows you to mass import questions from text files that follow the GIFT or AIKEN format. We will offer another module during this week that will allow you to import questions by filling an excel prototype (already working for a customer).

Papagel, could you please tell me if the module to import questions by excel prototype available?
Thanks.
Manish Gidwani
Let me know if you need any CUSTOMIZATION in your eFront...
manishgidwani01@gmail.com
manishgidwani01

Postby papagel » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:57 pm

It is part of the SVN repository but not available as a separate module.
You need to export it from there.

Frank has created a small tutorial on its usage but it is not official :)

http://docs.efrontlearning.net/index.ph ... s_from_CSV
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
papagel

Postby skippybosco » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:09 am

papagel wrote:Frank has created a small tutorial on its usage but it is not official :)

...and my tutorial is far from complete so if you do discover more as you tinker with it Manish, be sure to update the Wiki so we can all benefit from your discoveries!
skippybosco

Postby manishgidwani01 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:07 am

Sure skippybosco, I will update wiki as soon as I find anything new. Can you send me sample .csv file?
Manish Gidwani
Let me know if you need any CUSTOMIZATION in your eFront...
manishgidwani01@gmail.com
manishgidwani01

Postby skippybosco » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:57 am

As papagel mentioned, there is a bit of info I have put up on the wiki here:

http://docs.efrontlearning.net/index.ph ... s_from_CSV

I've attached an example multiple choice question to this email for reference.
Attachments
sample_import.csv
(119 Bytes) Downloaded 427 times
skippybosco

Postby pjssms » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Hello,

I do have camtasia but i would like to know how do you do things without articulate engage or quizmaker to make things look good ?

After have read http://www.slideshare.net/garr/brain-ru ... presenters i do believe that the presentation is very important

I am used to make a include in php
pjssms

Postby skippybosco » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:21 pm

The editor within eFront enables you to create very rich content. You can adjust text font, size and color, embed images, video, flash and java, and any other number of things you can imagine.
skippybosco

PreviousNext

Return to eFront