How to update SCORM package content?

Suggestions, General Discussion and Feature Requests about eFront

How to update SCORM package content?

Postby Jammer » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi,

I've changed some content in Articulate Quiz SCORM package, prepared and uploaded new ZIP-archive then deleted old one in content tree manager. But when I switched to student profile and started SCORM test I saw content from previous version. What's wrong?
Jammer

Re: How to update SCORM package content?

Postby periklis » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:33 am

perhaps the client has kept the flash in its cache? If you actually deleted the old content, then I can't think of any other reason
Periklis Venakis
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
Consider our wide range of added-value services to get things running smoothly on your eLearning environment
periklis

Postby Jammer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:17 am

It doesn't help.
Jammer

Postby periklis » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:29 am

ok let me understand what you did:
- How did you upload the content? Using professor -> SCORM -> import content, or professor -> file manager?
- Deleting the unit from the content tree doesn't necessarily delete its associated files.
- Do you want to replace the existing SCORM, or delete it permanently and simply import the updated SCO as a new unit?
Periklis Venakis
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
Consider our wide range of added-value services to get things running smoothly on your eLearning environment
periklis

Postby Jammer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:17 am

I've found out workaround by creating new lesson from the scratch,assigning all users and groups to it and uploading updated SCORM package. It works fine. Old lesson was deleted.

My question is still urgent.
Jammer

Postby Jammer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:27 am

periklis wrote:ok let me understand what you did:
- How did you upload the content? Using professor -> SCORM -> import content, or professor -> file manager?
- Deleting the unit from the content tree doesn't necessarily delete its associated files.
- Do you want to replace the existing SCORM, or delete it permanently and simply import the updated SCO as a new unit?

I've tried to update SCORM package in different ways as professor.
1 - Delete existed SCORM package from content tree manager then upload new zip archive with SCORM package.
2 - Upload one more SCORM package then delete existed one.

But I didn't create unit in lesson.
Jammer

Postby periklis » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:00 pm

In general, when you want to update the content of a SCORM unit, you do the following:
- If the imsmanifest.xml file has not changed (all the files are the same, no new rules where inserted etc), then all you have to do is delete the current SCO's folder and then upload and extract the new zip file, using the professor's file manager
- if the imsmanifest.xml file has changed, then you must delete the old unit from the content tree and import the new one from professor->SCORM. It would be wise in your case to also delete the SCO's folder from the professor's file manager, before importing the new SCO
Periklis Venakis
periklis

Postby Jammer » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:00 am

Hi aLL,

To update SCORM package you should delete SCORM package in Content tree management then delete SCORM subfolder(that still exist) through File manager. After that you can upload SCORM package with new\updated content.
Jammer

Postby KarylMatt » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:43 am

what about gps signal jammer on the site jammerall?
KarylMatt

Postby gondar5678 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:37 am

assigning all users and groups to it and uploading updated SCORM package.
gondar5678

Return to eFront