eFront App?

Suggestions, General Discussion and Feature Requests about eFront

eFront App?

Postby budsan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:07 pm

I would like to suggest that eFront create an app that allows you to login and maintain your last location from within the course. Has anyone tried to submit one to the Apple Store or to Android Market? Since many of us use our phones for everything, why not have instant access to learning content instead of via a browser?

Thanks!
budsan

Re: eFront App?

Postby skippybosco » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:41 am

There was some talk about an iPhone app a while back here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1832

Also, suggestions can be posted to http://efront.uservoice.com
skippybosco

Postby papagel » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:31 am

We have discussed an iphone application for eFront before; we have even created the specs of it (have it right here in-front of me at the moment).

Note, however, that an eFront-iphone application will not precent the actual lesson content due to size limits. It is much better to follow your content in iPad for example (there will be an ipad optimized theme bundled with the next eFront release).

Check a sneak-peak below...

iphone_mockup.png
iphone_mockup.png (193.09 KiB) Viewed 6202 times
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
papagel

Postby skippybosco » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:47 am

Can you elaborate on the "will not present the actual lesson content due to size limits"..

Specifically unit content as well as Tests/Questions.
skippybosco

Postby budsan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Thanks, that's wonderful news to hear!

In my experience I have found that although it might be listed for use on an iPad, often it also works on the iPhone/iPod Touch. Since most folks have those and not the expensive iPad, why not allow them access even if it might not be optimized?

I can also log directly into my iPad Touch/Android phone and take any course (or administer) I have created via its browser so I am confused on why it may not work.

Thanks
budsan

Postby papagel » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:41 pm

You can already do almost everything through Iphone's / Android browser- only, not that comfortable strictly due to size restrictions. On IPAD's (well, any pad...) big screen eFront really shines due to icon optimized interface that makes natural to work inside it.

The screen size is the biggest problem on IPhone - and this problem cannot be fixed through an app.
On the contrary an app can provide a convenient way to check your learning status and communicate (it takes less time and less effort...)

Your suggestions on this topic is always welcome :)
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
papagel

Postby skippybosco » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:42 am

WatermelonExpress is a popular mobile app (iPhone/Android/Blackberry) for learning they structure their content using hierarchy (similar to the Course -> Lesson -> Unit that eFront does.

Here is an example of the Test result interface:

Image Image
skippybosco

Postby papagel » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:33 am

Frank,

This interface is possible mainly because we are under a "secured" environment build from scratch to match its content.

I don't say it cannot be done - but it will not adequately work for all types of content that eFront support (without at least turning it to a major development project...).

Keep comments rolling though, we are still trying to shape this app.
papagel

Postby torgrim » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:15 am

Hi Papagel,

Any news about the IPhone/IPad template/app? Cant find any info about EFront and its support for IPhone, Ipad and Android.
torgrim

Postby appN2o » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:10 pm

I am a newbie about eFront App and I am here to know more about it. I hope you will share more about it. And really interested to know any iphone app to. In profession I am a app marketer.
appN2o

Next

Return to eFront