aMember integration plugin

Suggestions, General Discussion and Feature Requests about eFront

Re: aMember integration plugin

Postby skippybosco » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:35 pm

What did you change to correct the lessons being shown?

This plugin does provide single signon between aMember and eFront, that is the whole point.
skippybosco

Postby efro1948 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:40 pm

This plugin does provide single signon between aMember and eFront, that is the whole point.

Sorry, but that is only one point.
In my server I can see that aMember imported User_Group from Joomla but not from eFront.
aMember needs these User_Group to map the relation
- between the Product e.g. the content to protect
- and the User_Group.
Therefore aMember must show in Protection Content > Integration the User_Group existing in eFront.

That works fine for me in aMember for Joomla, there I can see
120729-joomla.png
120729-joomla.png (6.28 KiB) Viewed 12455 times

but not for eFront
29-07-2012 14-20-58.png
29-07-2012 14-20-58.png (14.78 KiB) Viewed 12455 times

A general question:
I see in the price list of aMember that the plugin
- for eFront is free,
- for Joomla is 40$
Who is the developer, owner, supporter of the plugin?
I have created in C-Panel for aMember a SQL_user for eFront and Joomla.
But for both aplications the signup_users from aMember are not transfered to Joomla and eFront.

Are there test mechanism for testing the aMember api2.php to access eFront?
Where is a log for the results of the api2.php?
What are the restrictions of the Joomla demo plug in which I downloaded?

Thanks, Eric
efro1948

Postby skippybosco » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:06 pm

If you are not seeing the groups / courses / lessons than 1 of 5 things is happening:

1) the efront API is disabled (efront admin -> system settings -> external tools tab -> make sure enable API is checked)

2) you have not defined the IP / server for the API (efront admin -> system settings -> external tools tab -> either empty the value from "IPs allowed to connect to the API" or enter the IP of your server)

3) the configuration of eFront in aMember is invalid (wrong efront API path, user id or password)

4) you do not have any groups defined in eFront

5) you have non alphanumeric characters in one of your groups / courses or lessons (ie. things like & , / | + break the XML API response which prevents the list from being built)
skippybosco

Postby efro1948 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Its working.
The reason was missing No. 1 and 2.
Thats more security as in Joomla where the api is less protected.
Thanks a lot,
Eric
efro1948

Postby scottymac1979 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've just upgrade to Amember 4 and done a bit of testing with eFront integration .... So far everything is fantastic (thanks to all involved )

I just have a quick question with regards to creating a duplicate efront plugin in Amember (I want two efront installs accessible from a single amember). When duplicating other plugins in Amember we would simply change the name of the plugin then the references in the file (for example, efront to efront1). I have tried this and it just doesn't seem to work with the eFront plugin. Just wondering if anyone has managed to get it going ? The error is a very non-helpful 'script error'..

Many thanks as always !
scottymac1979

Postby skippybosco » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:55 am

Yes you would need to change the plugin name as well as the variable and namespaces throughout the plugin file.

I would suggest not doing a global search and replace, but checking each of the places you are changing.

If you still have issues, post the error you are seeing.
skippybosco

Postby scottymac1979 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:49 am

skippybosco wrote:Yes you would need to change the plugin name as well as the variable and namespaces throughout the plugin file.

I would suggest not doing a global search and replace, but checking each of the places you are changing.

If you still have issues, post the error you are seeing.

Thanks for this Skippy, I'll have a go a little later and change each variable name as the errors appear. If/when anything comes up I'll be sure to post it up
scottymac1979

Postby scottymac1979 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:28 am

Hi Skippy,

I've just worked through it again and hit the same problem. I made notes of what I did if it helps.

1. I copied efront plugin to efront1 (folder and file renamed)

2. Refreshed amember admin area and as expected received an error, which was

Cannot redeclare class Am_Protect_Efront

3. In the efront1.php file I changed this to Am_Protect_Efront1

4. This then threw up another error which I fixed in the same way and so on, renaming each named var/class etc.

After doing this and dealing with each message in turn the Amember admin area seemed to load but then stopped with the following error (screenshot attached)

"An Error has occured

An internal error happened in the script, please contact webmaster for details"

Using the developer console in Chrome I got the following

Failed to load resource
Port error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.

EDIT .. Just realised these console messages have nothing to do with it and are another issue !! sorry about that

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks
Attachments
amember4ef.png
amember4ef.png (51.19 KiB) Viewed 12205 times
scottymac1979

Postby FenestrOs » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi

Did either you or Skippy ever get this figured out ? I am having exactly the same problem and it is driving me nuts lol

Thanks

scottymac1979 wrote:Hi Skippy,

I've just worked through it again and hit the same problem. I made notes of what I did if it helps.

1. I copied efront plugin to efront1 (folder and file renamed)

2. Refreshed amember admin area and as expected received an error, which was

Cannot redeclare class Am_Protect_Efront

3. In the efront1.php file I changed this to Am_Protect_Efront1

4. This then threw up another error which I fixed in the same way and so on, renaming each named var/class etc.

After doing this and dealing with each message in turn the Amember admin area seemed to load but then stopped with the following error (screenshot attached)

"An Error has occured

An internal error happened in the script, please contact webmaster for details"

Using the developer console in Chrome I got the following

Failed to load resource
Port error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.

EDIT .. Just realised these console messages have nothing to do with it and are another issue !! sorry about that

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks
FenestrOs

Postby bjohnson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi Skippy,

We have a WordPress/aMember/eFront website at http://www.grammarcamp.com

WordPress is used as a CMS exclusively.
eFront is obviously used as our LMS.
aMember is used to streamline the login process and integrate a payment gateway with eFront.

I am rapidly approaching my deadline for this project and my boss is starting to ask questions. :o

Here are the issues I am experiencing:

• Essentially we have many courses and we want new users to have access to all courses once signed up and paid. We have setup a new user group in eFront and set this group as the default group so all new members are automatically assigned to the group. In the aMember/eFront integrations settings I have set the eFront Groups to the default group we setup. We have also assigned ALL of the courses to that group. When a new user signs up, they are successfully assigned to the user group, however, they are not assigned to any of the courses.

• I have set the eFront logout redirect to the aMember logout link and the aMember logout redirect to the aMember login. When a user clicks the eFront logout link it appears as though they have been logged out as they are forwarded to the aMember login page and successfully logged out of aMember. However, if you return to the eFront install at http://www.grammarcamp.com/learn/ ... the user is still logged in. Essentially making it impossible to log out of eFront.

• When a user logs in via the aMember login form, they are successfully logged into both aMember and eFront. However, if you browse to the eFront install at http://www.grammarcamp.com/learn/ and then back to aMember at http://www.grammarcamp.com/enroll/member the user is nolonger logged into aMember. If you browse to any other pages within the website outside the eFront install or to any other website on the web and back, the user is still logged into both eFront and aMember. It seems that as soon as a user browses to the eFront install, it logs them out of aMember?

If you could provide some insight on these issues, I would be great appreciative. :)

Please help!
bjohnson

PreviousNext

Return to eFront