eFront/Joomla integration

Suggestions, General Discussion and Feature Requests about eFront

Re: eFront/Joomla integration

Postby Caesar » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:03 am

Happy new year all ,
i am experiencing a problem with joomla integration , when i use joomla as master in jfusion and the user create a username with spaces in it , efront cant login this user it gives an error message that the user doesn't have an account .

would you please guide me to the solution , its so annoying informing all the users to register with a username with no spaces !!
Caesar

Postby fetiyesilyurt » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:09 pm

papagel wrote:After some discussions with the people at jfusion team we have come to a conclusion and project definition regarding eFront/Joomla integration.
We believe it is for the best interest of our community to allow this module to be built and supported from the JFusion team. eFront's Joomla plugin will be added to the jfusion SVN and will be available to all users free of charge. Future versions of JFusion will include support for eFront as well. This also means support for future Joomla editions.
Finally, this project will also help gain some visibility for eFront as a Joomla compatible LMS.

Since this does not come for free I want to bring again the donation discussion. This project's total cost is $1000. Anyone that wants to donate for this project please do so by using the following link:

Paypal donation for eFront/Joomla integration

I copy from this project specs:

The project consists of the development of a Jfusion plugins for jFusion 1.2+ with the following specifications:

1. master functionality
2. slave functionality
3. user import into Joomla from eFront
4. user export from Joomla to eFront
5. resolving user conflicts automatically
6. dual login from Joomla
7. wrapper integration in Joomla
8. wizard setup support
9. (Avatar) support for jFusion Joomla Login module
10. user group synchronization between eFront, Joomla and other jFusion integrations
11. auto update email changes in eFront to Joomla and other jFusion integrations
12. auto update password changes in eFront to Joomla and other jFusion integrations

The plugin will not support frameless integration.

We will also provide a jFusion version 2.x plugin with above specifications at the same development level as jFusion 2.x. Depending on the API provided by jFusion 2.x frameless integration support will be part of that plugin. At this jFusion 2.x development is at pre-alpha stage, so there cannot be any guarantee on the proper working as long as a stable jFusion release is not available and included features are not defined. However, this project will be added to the jFusion (open source) SVN and we aim to update this pre-alpha plugin version to the same level as the actual jFusion 2.x release with any new jFusion 2.x release.

Project planning: final demonstration before the end of November 2009
fetiyesilyurt

Postby papagel » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:13 pm

Caesar wrote:Happy new year all ,
i am experiencing a problem with joomla integration , when i use joomla as master in jfusion and the user create a username with spaces in it , efront cant login this user it gives an error message that the user doesn't have an account .

would you please guide me to the solution , its so annoying informing all the users to register with a username with no spaces !!

Hello Caesar,

Can you post this specific problem on the joomla integration forum or the JFusion eFront specific forum? This module was created from JFusion team directly so they can help you better on integration details.
Check below:
http://www.jfusion.org/index.php/forums ... m.php?f=53
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
papagel

Postby shalb » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:39 pm

I recently installed and tested the jFusion component on eFront 3.6 and Joomla 1.5.15. I used Joomla as Master and eFront as Slave. All worked well. Who wants to work with this , however has to mention two things:

If you pretend to import users from eFront to Joomla, be aware, that Joomla does not accept different users with the same e-mail adress. These users cannot be synchronized. An imaginable scenario with users with the same e-mail could be members of a familiy, that participate your eFront system using the same e-mail. Perhaps it could be possible to enhance eFront with the restriction of uniqe e-mail, too.
I will test this with mapped accounts (and same e-mail) still.

The other point in my installation was that a user that is deleted in the slave (eFront) is not deleted in the master (Joomla).
To avoid that, it should be made impossible to delete an account in eFront, when it is slave.

Soon I will contribute my manual for the integration. (First in German, later in English)
Kunstakademie Online
now online! made with Educational Edition 3.6.9
Kunst lernen im Internet - Learning the Arts in the Internet

myLearnPlace
consulting - constructing - caring
eLearning solutions in Brazil and everywhere
shalb

Postby elearningfanatic » Sun May 19, 2013 4:12 pm

Hello,

Where are you at with this fabulous integration feature?

We currently:
- use Joomla LMS
- have over 11,000 registered students in 89 countries
- host our site on our own cloud server
- using Kaltura (www.kaltura.com)
- built our own custom payment gateway modules in Joomla to handle payments and payment plans from Students
- and much more

I am now looking to:
- begin porting over from Joomla LMS using their SCORM exporting.. and importing into efront
- preparing for 100,000+ users in these next 6-12 months
- understand the *load* balancing and capabilities of your system (does anyone out there host a full-scale e-learning institute/college/university) with your system?
- host your system in our own cloud server
- offer teachers/corporations we work with/institutes we work with/colleges we work with ... the hosting, service and student support the features that you have in your enterprise edition
- enabling mobile access using efront (which would include the ability to adapt to iPad/iPhone/Andorid access for both students and teachers)
- and more :)

Thank you for taking the time to help me with these inquiries and research into using your magnificent system.

I am incredibly impressed with what I have seen so far!
CEO | BodyMind Institute
http://www.bodymindinstitute.com
elearningfanatic

Postby elpapath » Mon May 20, 2013 8:41 am

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words!

We have received the enquiry that you sent through our website and we will reply to you the soonest possible.

Regards,
Eleftheria
elpapath

Previous

Return to eFront