efront4 - Mails to a group not possible as professor?

Suggestions, General Discussion and Feature Requests about eFront

efront4 - Mails to a group not possible as professor?

Postby MichaS. » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Dear Team,

in the new efront4 version i can't send messages as PROFESSOR to a coursegroup??

At the Moment i can in the role as PROFESSOR only send individual Mails and can send Mails to a group only as ADMIN.

But i need this function to send mails to a group also as PROF!!

what i can do to have this feature??

Michael at the Moment from Ephesus
MichaS.

Re: efront4 - Mails to a group not possible as professor?

Postby periklis » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:56 am

Hello Michael,
Groups in general is a function of the administrator, and otherwise not available to professors. We will however discuss options to accommodate this need.
Periklis Venakis
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
Consider our wide range of added-value services to get things running smoothly on your eLearning environment
periklis

Postby MichaS. » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:09 pm

Dear Perikles,

this is a very important option every Day in the communication between the Tutor/Prof and their learners!!!

Please discuss this not too looong and implement this option also in the prof version.

At the moment we write the same Mail step by step to every single learner. ;-(

Michael from Berlin
MichaS.

Postby MichaS. » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Dear Perikles,

what are the next steps in this problem? why do you can't implement this for the admin working feature also fast for the Professor?

WE NEED THIS ASAP!

Michael from Berlin
MichaS.

Postby periklis » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:04 pm

Hello Michael,
a professor can send a message to all of the participants of a course. Sending to a specific group is not possible at the moment, since the professor himself is not equipped with groups.

However, since the project is open source, you can update the code that affects this possibility, at least until there is an core solution: You will need to make the following changes:
1. Efront/Controller/ListController.php: Locate where the filtering for 'groups' happens, and comment out the line where it says:
Code: Select all
$search = "1=0";   //non-admins can't send to a branch

2. Efront/Model/PersonalMessage.php, locate the line for 'groups' near the bottom of the file and change the following lines:
                    $me->canRead($group);
                    if ($me->isAdministator()) {   //only admins and supervisors can send to groups

to:
                    //$me->canRead($group);
                    if (!$me->isStudent()) {   //only admins and supervisors can send to groups
Periklis Venakis
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
Consider our wide range of added-value services to get things running smoothly on your eLearning environment
periklis

Postby MichaS. » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:26 pm

Dear Perikles,

thanks very well for this information.

BUT, as professor you CAN'T at the moment with your new code send into a group. Now the professor can only send into courses and to single user.

Have a tipp?

Michael from Berlin
MichaS.

Postby periklis » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:31 pm

When typing in recipients, do Groups show up in the list?
Periklis Venakis
periklis

Return to eFront