Track User Progress of Flash content

Suggestions, General Discussion and Feature Requests about eFront

Track User Progress of Flash content

Postby phpteam » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi Team,

We have a single Flash file [we cannot split the file] with different chapters. Each chapter contains units, sub units and assessment. There is no score associated with these assessment, it just say correct or incorrect.

My requirement is i need to track the user-wise report about their progress [Chapter wise like 3 chapters completed], test completion status and scoring level [do a math to calculate scores]. How do i do this

Thanks,
Harikrishnan J.
phpteam

Re: Track User Progress of Flash content

Postby phpteam » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:52 am

Hi Team,

Any assistance is welcome.

Thanks,
Harikrishnan J.
phpteam

Postby phpteam » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:06 am

Hi Team,

I am stuck and do not know, how to proceed on this request. Kindly help me.

Thanks,
Harikrishnan J.
phpteam

Postby vprountzos » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:37 am

Hello Harikrishnan J.

You should publish you Flash content to scorm (scorm 1.2 is most preferable...)

Kind regards

V. Prountzos
vprountzos

Postby phpteam » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:19 am

Hello Prountzos,

Thanks for your response. Do we have to define the rules within scorm and import it into LMS?
Apart from lesson progress status rule, can we define assessment score calculation logic within scorm and LMS can calculate based on that logic?

Thanks,
Harikrishnan J.
phpteam

Postby periklis » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:21 am

All the rules are defined inside the flash itself. The LMS only stores the score (and completion status) sent by the content, it does not do any calculations itself
Periklis Venakis
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
Consider our wide range of added-value services to get things running smoothly on your eLearning environment
periklis

Postby phpteam » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:44 am

Hello Periklis,

Thanks for the response. When you say All the rules are defined inside the flash itself did you mean Flash or scorm because our Flash file shows the lesson progress within itself, but LMS is not reading it.

We also tried converting the Flash to scorm, uploaded into the LMS and consumed the lesson, still Lesson Progress shows as 0% in LMS.

Kindly help.

Thanks,
Harikrishnan J.
phpteam

Postby periklis » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:53 am

Hello,
by "Flash" I mean the content itself.
SCORM is merely a means of exchanging data between the content and the LMS. It doesn't hold any logic itself.
So any calculations are always done inside the content (flash), and the resulting completion/progress data is sent to the LMS using the SCORM standard (typically completion status and score, e.g. "passed", 80%)

Did you import your packed-as-SCORM 1.2 content using the "import SCORM content" option?
Periklis Venakis
eFront- eLearning and Skill Development Solution for Companies and Educational Institutes
Consider our wide range of added-value services to get things running smoothly on your eLearning environment
periklis

Postby phpteam » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:47 pm

Hello Periklis,

Yes, We converted the Flash to SCORM1.2 and uploaded using 'Import SCORM content ' option. The student was able to consume the content, but the progress and scores are not shown.

Is there is any way where i can see the completion status & scores defined in any of the XML present in the SCORM files?

Within the Flash itself, there is an option to see the lesson progress and also assessment score is calculated and shown at the end.

Thanks,
Harikrishnan J.
Attachments
ScormData.JPG
ScormData.JPG (30.34 KiB) Viewed 1651 times
phpteam

Postby periklis » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:34 am

Hello,
The XML files inside the SCORM files are not related to the score or anything. They are mainly descriptors for the file structure of the content.
The screenshot you sent lists all the data that the content has sent. As you can see, it has sent the "incomplete" status and that's all. It should also send the "score", "total_time" and other values at some point.

One way to monitor the data exchanged between the LMS and the content is the following:
1. Go to admin->system settings->configuration and enable "Debug mode"
2. Visit the SCORM content as a student and open your browser's console. You will see all communication between the content and the LMS
Periklis Venakis
periklis

Next

Return to eFront